Thursday, July 18, 2013

Trusting God

As I am preparing to leave on this adventure my God is leading me on, I am praying for the family that I will be with. I do not know who they are or anything about them but I cannot wait to meet them. I am sure the same thing is going through their minds. Who will we be paired with, What will he/she be like? All of these questions are flooding my mind right now. In a week from tomorrow I get to meet these wonderful people. In a week from today I will be at camp in training. And in just under a week I will be arriving.

 It has been about 2 months since God put this on my heart. In those two months He has showed me how much my family and friends love me. All of them praying and generously donating to help this happen. But without God none of this would happen. Without Him I wouldn't be going on this trip. He is the one who put it on everyone's heart who donated to me. He is the one who told me that I need to go on a missions trip. He is the one who told me which organization to go through. He is my Rock and I can never thank Him enough for all He has done for me in the past 16 years of my life.

This is a learning experience and a test in many ways. It is a test to see if I can trust God in everything. It is a learning experience that I need to trust God in everything. It is a learning experience that if it is meant to happen it will. God will provide. He knew I was going to need to buy new boots, so He provided me with extra money to buy the boots that I need for my trip. My goal was $1000 dollars. That was my goal before I knew how much my plane ticket was going to cost. The total of my trip (airfare and the actual stay at camp) was $825 dollars. God provided me with $1,210 dollars. That is 385 dollars more than I absolutely needed.

 In the two months that God has been leading me on this I have grown closer to Him. I am very, very thankful for what He has done for me in those two months. Not only those two months but my whole life.

 GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment