Monday, July 1, 2013

Flashback

Last summer was an awesome summer. Some  of the best memories were made and some amazing relationships were formed. If I didn't spend last summer with who I did, I honestly do not know where I would be today.

Last year had downs and ups. A lot of things happened last year that affected my life. As the Fourth of July approaches us it reminds me of where I was last Fourth of July. A year ago today I was babysitting for my great friends for their anniversary. This couple has impacted my life in so many ways. I learned so much from them. They have been a huge part in forming the young lady I am now. I want to impact their kids and other kids like they have impacted me one day. They inspire me to do so many things.

We usually go up to a lake for the Fourth every year. Last year we stayed back home and spent the day with our amazing church family. Playing games, BBQing and watching the fireworks. One of the best Fourth of July's ever. We do not know what we are going to do this year for the Fourth but I know for one thing, I am going to be extra thankful for the freedom that I have unlike so many kids who don't have it.

So far this summer has been OK. I have been in summer school. I took my final and passed it so I am done with it for the summer. Now I hope to enjoy the rest of my summer.

In 23 days I leave for my trip. I have raised over my goal. $1015. This summer God has blessed me more than I know. I ask that you will continue to pray for me and my trip. I ask that He will use me in this family's life like A and E impacted my life last summer. In 30 days I will be coming home from my trip. I do not know how this trip will impact and affect me but I sure hope and pray that it is for the better. I have been told that I am making history for this trip. It is the very first camp at this location. 

This next year I want to work on this verse.
James 1:19-20
My dear Brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Thank you all so much for donating and praying and following me on this journey that my Heavenly Father is leading me on. You all encourage me so much. I love you all.

Much Love,
Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment