Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fundraising

For my Sweet 16th birthday I have decided to go on a missions trip to help children with disabilities. The organization I decided to go through is called Joni and Friends. It is Joni Eareckson Tada's organization. Joni and Friends puts on summer camps all over, all summer for families with children or adults that have disabilities. Normally through this organization you would have to be 17, but the director of this organization wants to have me as a STM! I am going to be a STM (Short-Term Missionary) for Family Retreat, Bison Ranch in Overgaard, AZ. For this trip I have to raise $1000 (trip and airfare). The trip is in 7 weeks and lasts 5 days. On this trip I will be assigned a 'buddy' and I will spend all 5 days with this child or adult and his/her family. The camp will put on activities for all the people with special needs and their parents. If you have any desire to donate to my trip I would GREATLY appreciate it. Any donation gets me closer to my goal. For more information email me, text or call me. God has put this on my heart and I can't wait to see what He is doing with it. Much love, Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment