Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Resurrection Day!!!!

Roughly 2000 years ago, a man died on a cross along with 2 thieves. And then three days later he rose from the dead. I'm sure you all know this story, but for some reason this one affected me differently than the past 16 Easter's. I don't know why and I may not ever know why.

Throughout this Holy day, God gave me many reminders of what today was. It's almost like the whole day was opening Resurrection eggs (well we did do that in Children's church but that's be sides the point).

This morning on our way to church driving up the same road we drive up several times a week, we saw a car with the license plate that said "3 NAILS". I have lived in this state for my whole life. Lived in this city for 10+ years and I have never seen that license plate before.

Tonight at dinner, we did a toast and my grandpa raised his wine glass and I raised what I had in my hand which was bread. That reminded me of communion, the blood and the body, the bread and the wine.

Tonight as we drove home from my grandparents house and I watched the sun set. It was so beautiful. I thought "what a beautiful ending to such a beautiful Easter day." It reminded me that Jesus was now in heaven and painted the sky beautifully tonight. He ascended into heaven to be with His father.

I love that God showed me all of these meaningful things on such a meaningful day. This year I saw and felt the real meaning of this Easter Sunday.

Luke 24

I will leave you with this link and some song  lyrics.

Glorious Day by Casting Crowns (with lyrics but I'm also posting the lyrics in case you don't wanna listen to it)
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=glorious%20day%20casting%20crowns&sm=1

This morning I had this song stuck in my head. I was hoping we would sing it in church this morning and we did! I was so happy!

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin
Dwelt among men, my example is He
Word became flesh and the light shined among us
His glory revealed

[Chorus:]
Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me

[Chorus]

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
Now He's ascended, my Lord evermore
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him
From rising again

[Chorus]

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing
My Savior, Jesus, is mine

[Chorus]

Glorious day, Oh, Glorious day

Hope you all had a wonderful Resurrection Day!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment