Saturday, February 1, 2014

Invisible

Hunter Hayes has a new song called Invisible. I heard it for the first time today. 

Here are the lyrics:

Crowded hallways are the loneliest places for outcasts and rebels
Or anyone who just dares to be different
And you've been trying for so long to find out where your place is
But in their narrow minds, there's no room for anyone who dares to do something different
Oh, but listen for a minute

Trust the one who's been where you are wishing all it was but sticks and stones
Those words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone
You're not invisible
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now
Someday you'll look back on all these days and all this pain is gonna be
Invisible
Oh, invisible

So your confidence is quiet
To them quiet looks like weakness but you don't have to fight it
Cause you're strong enough to win without the war
Every heart has a rhythm, let yours beat out so loudly
That everyone can hear it, yeah, promise you don't need to hide it anymore
Oh, and never be afraid of doing something different
Dare to be something more

Trust the one who's been where you are wishing all it was but sticks and stones
Those words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone
You're not invisible
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now
Someday you'll look back on all these days and all this pain is gonna be
Invisible
Oh, invisible

These labels that they give you just 'cause they don't understand
If you look past this moment, you'll see you've got a friend
Waving a flag, for who you are, and all you're gonna do
Yeah, so here's to you and here's to anyone who's ever felt invisible

Yeah
You're not invisible
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now
Yeah, someday you'll look back on all these days and all this pain is gonna be
Invisible
It'll be invisible



I'm the girl in high school who might be considered a "goody two-shoes". All my teachers like me and I'm never in trouble. I never swear. I have good grades with a GPA of 3.6. I dress modestly and am usually in a great mood. I like to get my work done and not waste time. I turn all my assignments in on time. I balance school, a job, family, and a social life pretty good. I think of others before myself. All these things make me different than all other girls in high school. 

Teachers and other students like me because I am who I am and I'm not going to change it for you. People know when I'm in a bad mood and typically try to cheer me up. 

When I first started back at public school the hallways were crazy. Everyone had their friends and didn't want any new friends. I would try to talk to them and they would just look at me weird and continue on with their conversation. 

But God led me to another new girl who just moved here and we became friends and are still friends. I've become more involved and joined a club called FCCLA. I tried to get a Christian club started but not enough people were interested. 

I'm not into boys and having a relationship. I enjoy going to church more than anything and that is weird for people. They probably think its weird that I don't try to out dress everyone else or to impress boys. I dress to cover up my body. I don't have guys all over me because they know I'm not going to put up with them. I almost think they are scared or intimidated by me, but really they just have respect for me. 

Just because I'm a goody two-shoes doesn't mean I'm not fun or that I won't have any good memories from high school because I will. They may not be from high school but from high school youth groups and such. 

My mouth may be quiet when teachers are talking because I was taught to respect my elders. I am a leader. I lead group projects (sometimes I take too much control.) People may take too much advantage of me in group projects because I do so much. I pick groups with people who will actually do what they are responsible for. 

But they don't know what I'm like on the inside. They don't know about my love and desire to help the orphans with disabilities (well some of my teachers do). They don't know my whole life story. My closest friends and family know my heart. I'm thankful for the label of goody two-shoes. 

I may be invisible in my school but there are orphans who are invisible to everything. Everything is invisible to them. Orphans with the labels of "worthless" or "broken" or "different". Labels from people who have never even met them. Or maybe they have and just don't care. Labels don't mean anything. Peel them away. The labels earthy people give you are worthless. God loves you for who He made you. 

Some people would be ashamed to have the "goody two-shoes" label but I'm not ashamed of it at all. 

Remember God made you in His own image. If you are labeled goody two-shoes or anything else because of acting like Christ then be honored. Labels will be given. Some good some bad. Some meant to be bad but you can take them however. Some meant to be good can be taken as bad too. 

Orphans with disabilities are way more invisible than I am in a school with 2400 kids in it. These orphans are not worthless. They are worthy. Worthy to have a family. Deserving to be loved by a family. But many children age out of their orphanages every day. They loose their chance to be adopted. Loose their chance to go to schools and be loved and kissed every night before bed. Lets change that. 

Lets make the world known of these orphans who were given the wrong labels. Make it so they are no longer invisible. 

Compared to them I'm not even remotely invisible. 

Signing-off,
The not-so invisible, Dakota Lynch

No comments:

Post a Comment